Today we have Raju PP with us. Raju is a professional technology blogger from Bangalore, India. He is a Founder & Editor of popular tech blog TechPP.com. I have been following his blog since 2009. Here are some interesting facts about him and his blog from about page.
Featured in CHIP magazine, a popular Technology magazine in India. It has also been quoted and linked extensively on various leading technology sites like Techmeme, TechCrunch, GigaOm, CNET, Engadget and others.
He was featured amongst 151 Top Tech Indians by Exhibit magazine in May 2011. While the Economic Times listed him amongst the top web entrepreneurs in India in September 2011, the HT Brunch magazine listed him as the most influential Indian on the social media in the field of Technology
Let’s start the interview and learn from his experience.
1. For the people who don’t know about you, Can you tell us a little about yourself and business or websites that you run.
My name is Raju PP & I’m the founder-editor of TechPP.com, a popular technology blog on the web. I’m based out of Bangalore, India. Prior to this, I was working as a Technical Specialist at a top Indian software company. I turned a full-time blogger in 2009 and loving it to the core.
2. When and How did you introduced to WordPress?
This should be around mid-2008. I was looking to move my blogspot blog to a custom domain. While figuring out the best ways to host a blog with custom domain, I stumbled upon WordPress. And I never looked back again. Never.
3. Every website has a story behind it. Tell us story of Techpp.com. What does “PP” stands for? and What was the motivation behind starting the website?
I used to have a personal blog on Blogspot, where I used to post some casual stuff like movie reviews, political rants & occasional poems. During early 2008, I started posting some tech tidbits. Eventually I wanted to own a domain and that is when I bought TechPP.com! PP has been my nickname & I was innocent enough to have it in my domain as well without realizing that it’d end up being my bread and butter just a few months on!
4. What networking do you do that you feel helps your online business?
I do both online and offline networking. Twitter has been a major networking tool for me. I have had the opportunity to get in tough with some amazing brains across the world. Being interactive on Twitter (and at times, Facebook) has helped me to connect with my readers which has in-turn helped me to get several post ideas. Offline too, I make it a point to attend both the formal events and the informal meetups every now and then.
5. What’s next for you, are you working on any projects or products we should be looking forward to? Give us the behind the scenes exclusive – something you haven’t announced yet anywhere else!
TechPP is a work in progress. We are working hard to take it to the next level and we are starting off with major rebranding, which should be coming very soon. Hey! You heard it first here!
6. If there was one thing that you wish you knew before you started the site, what would that be?
Nothing to be honest. I hardly knew anything when I started off. Be it WordPress or SEO or ads or analytics. I’ve made some mistakes, but have learned a lot from them.
7. Where do you see WordPress Five years from now.
Five years is a long time for a web service. WordPress has evolved a lot in the last five years or so and it will continue to evolve even more. I expect it to become even more robust and versatile with the things it can do. The tremendous growth of mobile technology will ensure WordPress to evolve into a much better mobile blogging CMS.
8. Tell us few apps/services that you are using these days. (for example: Mailchimp, GetClicky, Buysellads, Magazine3, etc,.)