How to Install?
Here is a video of How to install NewspaperTimes theme into your WordPress.
NewspaperTimes Theme Options
Theme options are located at Dashboard > Appearance > NewspaperTimes Options.
— Global Settings
- Logo Url – Just paste the url of your custom logo. Make sure the logo dimension should be 362 x 54 [362px width and 54px height]
- Logo Alt Text – Logo alt text.
- Favicon image Url – Paste the url of favicon image icon. Make sure the favicon dimension should be 16 x 16 [16px width and 16px height]
- Header Scripts – If you are using some website stats service or using some advertisement site like buysellads that requires to add code before </head> then paste that code in header scripts
- Footer Scripts – If you are using services like Google Adsense or Infolinks, then their code goes in footer scripts
- Show Edition? – On the top left side of theme. If selected Yes, Add your text to show the edition. If No, then the edition will be hidden.
‘Right Side Of Header’ Settings
- Choose Format This area is situated on the right side of logo, IF selected ‘Advanced Header’, then it will show Breaking news area, Search bar & Trending Topics. If selected ‘Advertisement Banner’, Then you can add ad banner here of 468×60 dimension
Navigation Menu Settings
- Show Black Navigation? If selected yes, then the Black navigation will show. If selected No, then it will be hidden.
- Show White Navigation? If selected yes, then the White navigation will show. If selected No, then it will be hidden.
- Thumbnails should be processed by? If selected ‘Native Thumbnail’, then you have to use ‘Featured image’ for thumbnails. If selected ‘Timthumb Script’, then theme will use Timthumb script, which will automatically grab the first image from the article.
Contact Form Details
- E-mail To: E-mail To: Enter your email.
- Your Name: Enter your Name.
- Copyright Text: your copyright info
— Social Profiles Settings
- These are the bookmarking sites that displays on right side of Headlines.
— Homepage Settings
- Featured Block #1 – See the below image
- Featured Block #2 – See the below image
— Single Page Settings
- Display Author Box Below the Article? – This option will allow you to show ‘Author Box’ below the article.
- How many Related Posts to show? – These are the related posts below the posts [4 is default and recommended]. But you can change them to any number if you know what you are doing.
- Show ShareThis Box? – Situated in the right side of post. If selected Yes, it will show the ‘ShareThis’ box. If No, then the ‘Share This’ box will be hidden.
— SEO Settings
- Site Title – The META description for your homepage.
- Tagline – In a few words, explain what this site is about.
- Meta Description – The META description for your homepage.
- Meta Keywords – A comma separated list of your most important keywords for your site that will be written as META keywords on your homepage.
— Advertisment Settings
The advertisement placement description is already in theme options panel.
— Video Widget
If you use video widget in sidebar, then add the video code here. Make sure its width is 285px and height is 185px
HomePage Category & Color Settings
Using Menus (Navigation)
WordPress Menus allows you to add menus simply by drag and drop interference. You can find Menus on Appearance > Menus
NewspaperTimes theme has 4 Menus. Top Menu, Main Menu, Secondary Menu, Footer Menu and Top Menu. This video is very helpful in understanding the menus.
WordPress Widgets are designed to provide a simple way to arrange the various elements of your sidebar content (known as “widgets”) without having to change any code.
We have 8 Widget areas on theme. Homepage sidebar, Post Sidebar, Archive sidebar, Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar & Footer widgets.
- Homepage sidebar – The primary widget area on Homepage
- Post Sidebar – This sidebar will appear on article posts and pages
- Archive sidebar – This sidebar will appear on categories, tags & archive pages
- Footer Block 1 – Footer Widget
- Footer Block 2 – Footer Widget
- Footer Block 3 – Footer Widget
WordPress can be configured to use different Page Templates for different Pages. Toward the bottom of the Write > Page administration panel (or on the sidebar, depending on which version of WordPress you are using) is a drop-down labeled “Page Template.” From there you can select which Template will be used when displaying this particular Page.
NewspaperTimes theme has 3 page templates, Full Width Page, Contact page and Archive Sitemap.
Full Width Page – This allows you to have wordpress page without any sidebar.
Contact page – This page template allows you to have jquery contact form on your WordPress site. Contact form is one of those things that are widely used in WordPress and people use wordpress plugins for that. So we thought that we should have contact form per-added in our theme because using so many plugins can slow your site, The less plugins you use, the response time of your site will increase.
Archive Sitemap – This page template allows you to get Archives which also works as sitemap. Some visitors really to browse articles in list view and archives really helps them.
You must be thinking why it says sitemap then? Well, archives is type of sitemap which helps crawlers to get most out of your website. You can use this page template which will really help you to get index fast in Google search results.
NewspaperTimes is SEO Optimized!
NewspaperTimes theme has options like Meta Description, Meta Keywords, canonicalize url and other good SEO stuff that are require to run big websites. Webmasters often get confused if the theme is optimized or i have to install plugins for that. Well, when using Magazine3 themes you don’t have to worry about that, Because guess what? NewspaperTimes Theme is already SEO Optimized.
Or you can use these SEO plugins. Here are the plugins that will help you get the most out of your WordPress.
Browse Tutorials & Resolved Support Tickets
- Installation Error while extracting zip files
- How to reduce width of post
- Homepage sidebar not showing
- Align home menu to the left
- How to remove related Posts in Single page
- PSD Photoshop files of NewspaperTimes theme
- How can i get the Shortcodes?
- Remove Search Bar & Logo from Footer
- How to remove ‘Trending Topics & Breaking News’ from Header?
- Display Header ad only on Homepage?
- How to change the Font size of Article?
- Add additional social website to Social Profiles Settings?
- Quickstart Demo XML file for NewspaperTimes
- How to remove Block #10, 11 and 12
- How to remove blocks 4 – 9?
- How to Hide the Floating Social box, wich is shown on the left of each post.
- Show more post in block 10 11 and 12
- Can I edit the authors name out of every post in the layout? how?
- Display specific multiple categories in Featured Block #2
- How to remove author name on top of the page.
- How do i translate my theme into my local Language?
- Where i can change in “code” site word MORE…
- how do you customise ‘Category Names’ & Colors on the homepage blocks?
- Block #1 until block #12 appears only uncategorized
- How do i make my site RTL? (Right to left)
- How to use Thumbnails in NewspaperTimes
- How to move logo to center / How to move breaking news to the left
- NewspaperTimes Documentation