There are 2 ways to process thumbnails:
- Native Thumbnails – Integrated in WordPress by default
- TimThumb – Thumbnail processing script that used to be the most popular 1.5 – 2 years ago.
Which one is recommended?
We recommend you to use Native Thumbnails. Native thumbnails are:
- Easy to use
- Easy to process in server side.
- They are saved as static thumbnails, so they loads faster.
- Lots of plugins for different types of needs. i.e, Auto Post Thumbnail.
How to use Native Thumbnails?
Here is the video that explains how to use Native Thumbnails.
How to Use TimThumb?
You will need to add a custom field name as ‘image’ and value ‘your image url without domain’. See the image below.