How to Install?
Here is a video of How to install GameUp theme into your WordPress.
How to Setup Options?
Here is a video that shows how to setup theme options, Navigation Menus and Widgets in GameUp WordPress theme. This video covers up mostly all things.
Understand the Options
Theme options are located at Dashboard > Appearance > GameUp Theme Options
1. General Settings
- Logo Url – Just paste the url of your custom logo. Make sure the logo dimension should be 261 x 89 [261px width and 89 px height]
- Favicon Url – Paste the url of favicon image icon. Make sure the favicon dimension should be 16 x 16 [16px width and 16px height]
- Header Scripts – If you are using some website stats service or using some advertisement site like buysellads that requires to add code before </head> then paste that code in header scripts
- Footer Scripts – If you are using services like Google Adsense or Infolinks, then their code goes in footer scripts
- Your Feed Url – Paste your Feedburner feed url
- Your Feedburner Email – Paste your Feedburner email subscription link here
- Show Twitter, Facebook & Youtube? – These options are will show/hide your profile icons from header
- Twitter, Facebook & Youtube Link – If selected ‘Yes’ then add your profile links here.
2. Advertisement Options
- 300×250 Ad Code [Homepage] – Paste your ad code in 300×250 dimension, This will display ad in top of sidebar.
- 468×60 Ad Code [Footer] – Paste your ad code in 468×60 dimension, This will display ad in rightside in footer.
- 120×600 Ad Code [Homepage] – Paste your ad code in 120×600 dimension, This display ad in top of Small Sidebar on rightside of ‘Latest Gaming Updates’
3. Homepage Settings
- Hide SlideShow? – This option will allow you to hide slideshow, If you don’t want to hide it then choose ‘No’ [pretty obvious!].
- Slideshow Category – Choose from dropdown menu to select which category you would like to show in Slideshow.
- 3 Boxes On Left Of ‘Hot News’ – Choose from dropdown menu to select which category you would like to show in 3 Boxes On Left Of ‘Hot News’.
- Hot News Configuration Category – Choose from dropdown menu to select which posts from category you would like to show in Hot News Section.
- Hot News Text – Default text is ‘Hot News’ but you can change this text by adding your text here.
- Video Picks Category – Choose from dropdown menu to select which posts from category you would like to show in Video Picks Section.
- Url Of That Category ‘Video Picks’ Category – After you choose the video picks category, paste the url of that category so it will link to ‘View all Video Picks’ text on homepage
- ‘Video Picks’ Heading Title – Default text is ‘Video Picks’ but you can change this text by adding your text here.
- Include or Exclude posts from ‘Latest Gaming Updates’ – To show specific Category: add ID of category in comma separated view [FOR EG: 2,5,25,143] & To Exclude specific category: add ID of category in comma separated view with minus [FOR EG: -2,-5,-25,-143]
4. Single Page Settings
- Display Author Box Below the Article? – This option will allow you to show ‘Author Box’ below the article.
- Show ShareThis Below post? – This option will allow you to show ‘ShareThis’ bookmarking section below the article.
5. SEO Settings
- Meta Description? – The META description for your homepage.
- Meta Keywords? – A comma separated list of your most important keywords for your site that will be written as META keywords on your homepage.
WordPress can be configured to use different Page Templates for different Pages. Toward the bottom of the Write > Page administration panel (or on the sidebar, depending on which version of WordPress you are using) is a drop-down labeled “Page Template.” From there you can select which Template will be used when displaying this particular Page.
GameUp theme has 3 page templates, Full Width Page, Contact page and Archive Sitemap.
Full Width Page – This allows you to have wordpress page without any sidebar.
Contact page – This page template allows you to have jquery contact form on your WordPress site. Contact form is one of those things that are widely used in WordPress and people use wordpress plugins for that. So we thought that we should have contact form per-added in our theme because using so many plugins can slow your site, The less plugins you use, the response time of your site will increase.
Archive Sitemap – This page template allows you to get Archives which also works as sitemap. Some visitors really to browse articles in list view and archives really helps them.
You must be thinking why it says sitemap then? Well, archives is type of sitemap which helps crawlers to get most out of your website. You can use this page template which will really help you to get index fast in google search results.
GameUp is Seo Optimized!
GameUp theme has options like Meta Description, Meta Keywords, canonicalize url and other good SEO stuff that are require to run big websites. Webmasters often get confused if the theme is optimized or i have to install plugins for that. Well, when using Magazine3 themes you don’t have to worry about that, Because guess what? GameUp Theme is already SEO Optimized.
Or you can use these SEO plugins. Here are the plugins that will help you get the most out of your WordPress.