The Pokémon Board on 4Chan was a light with activity yesterday, after an anonymous user going by the name of “Mr.XY” claimed to know what’s coming in the next Pokémon games. While the poster didn’t reveal any details about his identity, (maybe this is a sign of the rumours not being true), he did release a ton of of supposed inside information regarding the games.
“I’ll spare you any long detailed explanation as to who I am, or what position I hold, only to say that this info will shock, anger, and perhaps relieve long-time fans of the series,” the user wrote. “You may view this as a rumor, or view this as the truth, but I promise you that in the following months you will all remember this post, fondly or not, when it becomes reality.”
Here is a condensed list of the rumored features of the games.
- Main characters are Jean and Jane; the characters’ appearances are non-customizable
- Trainer now appears in the bottom screen during battle, with a speech bubble interface holding the trainer commands inside
- Trainers now have their own leveling system that affects how in-game NPCs react to you and grants various bonuses such as increasing capture rate and the rarity of Pokémon encountered
- A new key item called the Whistle can be used once per battle with differing effects, such as waking up a Pokémon or snapping it out of confusion.
- A bond level replaces the happiness meter from past games; higher bond levels grant bonuses such as experience or stat gain for Pokémon
- Bond level bonuses and the whistle feature can be turned off in PvP matches for the benefit of competitive play
- A new item called the Bond-EYE that resembles a pair of sunglasses allows players to view the nature of wild Pokémon and their capture rate
- The Bond-EYE also allows players to see visual avatars of other players and send them messages or trade and battle requests; this feature, akin to the Miiverse function in Nintendo Land, will be the first of its kind on the 3DS
- Wireless co-op is now possible, with one player being the leader and the other aiding in battle
- Players not able to play cooperatively will be allowed to request aid from NPC trainers in their adventures via a juice bar located in every town
- The PokéDex resembles a tablet with a 3D display that allows players to view Pokémon models, read full paragraph descriptions of them, hear their cries, view their locations, compare their sizes and weights with others, and read comments made by other trainers around the world about them
- Excess money can be stored in banks that grant interest and special gifts upon depositing certain amounts