Changes In Pricing Structure & Automatic Theme Updates introduced
Two major improvements:
- Changes in pricing structure
- Theme Updates
I will cover these changes one by one, let’s start with the first one.
1. Changes in pricing structure
Overview of the changes
- Two pricing options has been introduced, ‘Single Theme Purchase’ & ‘1 Year Membership’.
- Single theme purchase is available for $59 (one time) which gives you access to that specific theme to use on unlimited number of sites.
- 1 Year Membership of $249 gives you access to all themes and support for 1 year. From second year and on, you will have to renew the membership at just $149 per year.
- Single, SinglePro, SinglePro+PSD, Multiple & MultiplePro versions has been replaced with ‘Single Theme Purchase’
- No more limitation of using the theme on one site. Customers will be able to use the theme on unlimited sites. Reason behind this change is that we are shifting towards the GPL license.
- People who have purchase the Single, SinglePro, SinglePro+PSD, Multiple & MultiplePro will get access to the new version of theme which they can download it from members area.
- Customers who have purchased Multiple ($99) or MultiplePro ($129), or have been upgraded to Multiple or MultiplePro will get one theme of their choice for free.
- Customers who have purchased SinglePro+PSD ($69) will get a $15 flat discount on their next purchase
- To get one free theme (for Multiple) or $15 discount (for SinglePro+psd), we request you to send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org with your payment email address & username that you have registered with Magazine3.com.
2. Automatic theme updates integrated
One of the most important feature that we have added in all the themes is ‘one click theme updates’. Reason that we were not able to offer updates from dashboard was because it was very hard to manage all different versions. We have made several improvements in our system and changing pricing structure was part of it. Due to this recent pricing change, we will be able to manage the updates and deploy them faster than ever. Honestly, we did not focused much on updates in the early years but i assure you that we have improved so much since then and we are now very aggressive on the updates. We want to improve our product as much as possible and give the best service to our customers.
How do you know if you have this new version of theme? – If you have downloaded the theme before 5th April 2014, then you probably have the older version and we recommend you to update the theme to newer version. You can download the latest version from members area and then use this tutorial for installation instructions. After you have the current version, you no longer have to worry about the updates process. It will show up in your WordPress dashboard when the update is available and then it is one click updates from then on.
We also have a new section regarding the updates called http://magazine3.com/updates/ – Central place where people can get details about the updates. We are hoping to publish the information about the update in it.
We need your help in improving the themes, so if you ever find a bug or have a suggestion, please feel free to use this form http://magazine3.com/report/
We value your suggestions and feedback like gold! so please keep them coming.